Selected Training Received in Vocational Education – STRIVE
Information sessions are for both STRIVE and STRIVE Academy. We will give an overview of each program and then split up based on which program will best fit your student.
- 1/19/24: 10-11 a.m.
(Zoom link will be emailed.)
On Campus Sessions:
- 12/1/23: 12-1:30 p.m.
- 2/2/24: 12-1:30 p.m.
- 3/1/24: 12-1:30 p.m.
What is STRIVE?
- STRIVE is a support program at DMACC Ankeny for students in special education requiring transition assistance from high school to a vocational program at DMACC.
- Vocational training is provided through regular DMACC vocational courses with resource support from STRIVE staff.
- STRIVE has served area students since 1981 in vocational/technical training.
The STRIVE staff includes certified special education personnel.
- STRIVE’s ultimate goal is for students to develop the skills needed to gain employment in the career field for which they are being trained.
Who is Eligible for STRIVE?
- Students must be receiving special education services and have a current IEP.
- Students must have completed their high school requirements but have a continued need for specially designed instruction to meet their postsecondary goal for learning and/or working.
- Students must be referred by their local high school IEP staffing teams prior to mid-March of their senior year.
What Can STRIVE Provide?
- Resource assistance
- Tutoring, study skills assistance
- Progress monitoring with instructors
- Campus services information