Trail Point Aquatics & Wellness
College students who take / pay for 6 credits get a membership to Trail Point
Aquatics and Wellness Center located in Building 5 Student Center on the DMACC Ankeny
Campus. Trail Point also features a family game area and is adjacent to Cafe X and
DMACC's Student Center.
This center (open to the public for memberships) is available to all DMACC Students and free to DMACC students taking at least six credits.
The new facility includes:
- an 8-lane competition swimming pool in partnership with Ankeny Schools,
- a zero-entry family pool with water feature and extra swim lanes,
- a therapy pool,
- private exercise and cycling studios,
- state-of-the-art exercise and strength training equipment,
- three racquetball courts,
- a 10th of a mile track that overlooks the two gymnasiums,
- two full-sized basketball courts,
- child care services available while members are on-site and utilizing the facility.
Revenue generated from public memberships will cover the cost of operations and then be reinvested in other DMACC projects.
For DMACC students, this facility:
- Provides greater opportunities for engagement in student life and wellness offerings which, studies show, leads to higher retention and better grades.
- Contributes to DMACC's overall mission of providing quality, student-centered education and training through incorporating hands-on experiential learning opportunities for a range of academic programs.
- Promote student recruitment, retention and persistence through the availability of on-campus employment opportunities.
- Increases community partnerships, including partnership with Ankeny Community School District, bringing people of all ages onto the Ankeny Campus to participate in a variety of programs and services.