A visit to DMACC and STRIVE is strongly recommended for prospective students. It helps to familiarize a student with vocational program requirements as well as the role of STRIVE.
Informational Sessions for STRIVE will be offered ONLY on the following dates this year:
- Friday, October 26, 2018 - Ankeny Campus - Building 5 room 1203
- Friday, November 9, 2018 - Ankeny Campus - Building 5 room 1203
- Friday, February 8, 2019 - Ankeny Campus - Building 5 room 1203
- Friday February 22, 2019 - Ankeny Campus - Building 5 room 1203
Arrive for Informational Sessions at 10:00am.
|10:10 - 10:40 a.m.||Meet in a large group to discuss general DMACC/STRIVE information.|
|10:40 - 11:30 a.m.|
(times may vary)
|Meet with a STRIVE instructor to discuss a specific vocational program. |
An Informational Session is much more beneficial to a student if he/she researches a vocational program of interest ahead of time by:
- Clicking on
Vocational Program Recommendations to obtain a list of the 28 vocational programs available. Then click on a specific program to obtain the following information: Program Description; Type of Work the program prepares you for; Required Courses; an Academic Skills Guide; General Skills and Abilities needed and Recommended High School classes.
- Obtaining DMACC vocational program information from your transition consultant.
To sign up for one of these informational sessions, call 515-965-7138 (or 1-800-362-7138, ext. 7138) or send an email to
Please identify the vocational program each student is interested in learning more about.