To receive DMACC Bear Alerts Download the Informacast app from the Apple or Google Play stores.
Once the app has been installed on your mobile device, follow these steps to ensure you receive up to the mintue alerts via SMS (text) messaging:
- Download the free InformaCast app from the Apple or Google Play stores and onto your mobile device;
- Once the app has been installed on your mobile device, go ahead and open it;
- You will be prompted to log in; use your DMACC email address and password to do so;
- Once you're logged into the app, navigate to the Self Service page, which is located at the bottom of the app screen;
- Verify that your personal DMACC email address is listed under Devices;
- Then click on the Add Device button;
- Choose SMS;
- Then click on the drop-down menu and choose Mobile; in the field below, type in your mobile phone number and click save;
- Then follow the verification instructions that are immediately sent to your mobile device via SMS (text) message;
- Once you've completed the verification instructions, you'll be set to receive Bears Alerts via SMS (text) message moving forward.
In an emergency…
The DMACC Bear Alert - Emergency Notification System can quickly alert DMACC credit students, faculty, and staff of potentially dangerous situations. The system would be activated for events reflecting immediate pending danger such as a violent person on campus, a dangerous chemical spill, or a bomb threat evacuation. Bear Alert will also be used to notify students, faculty, and staff of weather-related closings.
How you'll get the message
In the event of an emergency, you will receive text notifications, phone calls, and app alerts. Any DMACC Crisis Management Team (CMT) member can broadcast a voice message to be transmitted over the DMACC phone system and speakers in buildings across the district. Messages can also be sent students, faculty and staff email, cell and land line phones.
Messages can be sent to specific buildings, campuses/sites or district wide.
DMACC Bear Alert will only be used for "crisis" level events and weather-related closings.Bear Alert FAQ