The National Firefighter Selection Inventory™ (NFSI™) is a national entry-level examination tool that was engineered specifically to select qualified individuals for service as firefighters throughout the country.
A fundamental aspect of the NFSI™ is that its testing platform is an alternative to conventional firefighter written entrance examinations.
Utilizing a compensatory model, the NFSI™ assesses not only individuals’ cognitive ability, but also their behavioral predispositions.
This alternative testing model is well suited to predict success for all entry-level firefighter positions and to be in strict compliance with all federal, state and local testing guidelines and regulations.
The exam a pass/fail and hiring is not based on scores.
The written exam requires creating a login account with IO Solutions.
This must be done prior to taking the exam.
In addition, you must register to take the exam by clicking here.
Tests are administered at:
- DMACC Testing Centers
- Ankeny Testing Center, Building 6, Room 23, 2006 South Ankeny BLVD, Ankeny, Iowa
- Newton Testing Center, 600 N 2nd Ave W A, Newton, IA
- Urban Testing Center, 1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 117, Des Moines, Iowa
- Iowa Central
- Academic Resource Center, One Triton Circle, Fort Dodge, Iowa
- IO Solutions Testing Fee - $25
- DMACC Testing Center Fee - $20
- Iowa Central Testing Center Fee - $20