DMACC requires assessment of all new full-time students (12 credit hours or more Fall & Spring semesters, 8 credit hours or more summer term). This assessment provides information about students' academic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. Assessment information is then used in course selection and schedule planning.
Assessment scores used for admission purposes must be five (5) years old or less from the test date.
*Select one option below to fulfill DMACC's admission assessment requirement.
- Complete the ACCUPLACER Next Gen tests (Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills) and ALEKS math placement assessment. For testing information visit the
Testing Center website.
*New students who fill out a full or part-time application for admission and indicate that English is not their native language may need to take the ELL (English Language Learner) ACCUPLACER Next Gen, which is made up of four tests: sentence meaning, language usage, listening, and reading. Delivered in Standard English, the ELL ACCUPLACER Next Gen will assess appropriate levels of English proficiency while suggesting courses to start your college career.
- Submit ACT scores in reading, writing, and math.
- Provide evidence of successful college experience in math, reading, and writing course work. If college experience is older than five (5) years, students are strongly encouraged to take the ACCUPLACER test.
ELL students wishing to register for credit classes at DMACC must obtain the following scores on the ACCUPLACER tests:
- ELL language usage-111
- ELL reading-111
- ELL listening-111
- ELL sentence meaning-111.
**NOTE** There are two versions of ACCUPLACER. DMACC Accepts ACCUPLACER Next Gen (Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills) scores.
DMACC has seven Testing Centers:
All DMACC Testing Centers will be closed on the following days:
Memorial Day: Monday, May 27, 2019
- 4th of July: Thursday, July 4, 2019
Labor Day: Monday, September 2, 2019
A valid photo ID is required for all testing, along with knowledge of either your DMACC student number or your social security number.
Scratch paper is provided for the ACCUPLACER Next Gen tests (Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills). Complete the admission application prior to taking the ACCUPLACER Next Gen tests.