1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 207
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Contacts: Farfum Ladroma
Testing Center Hours
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
-Every third Saturday of the month
Monday, January 20, 2020 CLOSED
Friday, January 21, 2020 CLOSED
The URBAN Testing Center is closed holidays and when campus is closed.
- Make up tests (know your DMACC instructor's last name)
- Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® (Reading and Writing)
- ELL (English Language Learner) ACCUPLACER Classic++
- DMACC Challenge tests (check for availability for particular courses)
- Online testing for DMACC classes
- Testing for other colleges and businesses
- HiSET testing
- Pesticide Application Certification (examinees need to bring their login information for the testing site, www.quia.com/web)
- Van Driver tests
- CNA Comp Exam
- ATI TEAS (by appointment)
- CLEP Exam (by appointment)
- Typing Test for DMACC programs
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Vet Tech Biology Test (HESI)
- Pre-Admission Exams for Chemistry I & II and Biology I & II
++To request a remote voucher for your DMACC Next-Generation ACCUPLACER or ELL Classic at a non-DMACC Testing Center site, please CLICK HERE.
To locate an Accuplacer Testing Center near you, CLICK HERE.
DMACC College makeup and Next-Generation ACCUPLACER tests given during regular day time hours. Please call to confirm evening and Saturday testing hours. 515-248-7218
HiSET testing Monday through Thursday 8 am - 7:00 pm. Registration for HiSET is done at the Zach Hamlett Building (515-248-7218)
Other colleges and university testing, please call to confirm testing hours. 515-248-7218
- A photo ID is required to take any test.
- Tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing and must be completed prior to leaving the testing center.
- Students taking college makeup tests are required to know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with Admissions at least 48 hours before taking the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Test.
- Distance testing is a service provided for non-DMACC students who wish to have their test proctored at a DMACC Testing Center. These outside testers are charged $20/test with one exception – if the tester attends an Iowa Community College and is taking an exam for a CREDIT course, the fee is waived due to a reciprocity agreement between all Iowa Community Colleges. All incurred fees are payable on the day of the exam.
- Children are prohibited in the Testing Center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Testing Center.