1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 207
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Contacts: Farfum Ladroma and Roberta Morgan
Testing Center Staff Hours
- Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
The Urban Testing Center is open on a limited basis on Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. Due to social distancing requirements, we have limited seating available. Please email email@example.com for availability and to schedule an appointment.
DMACC instructors will continue to give their exams ONLINE throughout the semester.
The URBAN Testing Center is closed on most US holidays and when the campus is closed.
Due to the current closure of DMACC to the public, we are implementing remote ACCUPLACER and TEAS testing to help you complete your DMACC pre-admission requirements in a timely manner.
ACCUPLACER Remote Testing (Reading/Writing and ELL Placement)
To test remotely, students MUST have a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and webcam, as well as Google Chrome installed. Remote testing may NOT be completed through a smartphone or tablet. Click here to schedule an appointment.
We are also offering remote TEAS testing. This assessment is only for students in the Nursing or Surgical Tech programs. It is recommended that students wait until they only have a few items remaining on their checklist to take the TEAS.
To test remotely, students MUST have a desktop or laptop computer with a microphone and webcam, as well as Google Chrome installed. Remote testing may NOT be completed through a smartphone or tablet. Click here to schedule a TEAS testing appointment for the Nursing or Surgical Tech program.
- Make up tests (know your DMACC instructor's last name) (Temporarily Suspended)
- Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® (Reading and Writing) (Remote only)
- ELL (English Language Learner) ACCUPLACER Classic++ (Remote only)
- CASAS testing for the DMACC Workforce Training Academy (WTA)
- DMACC Challenge tests (check for availability for particular courses)
- Online testing for DMACC classes (Remote only)
- Testing for other colleges and businesses (Temporarily Suspended)
- HiSET testing
- Pesticide Application Certification (examinees need to bring their login information for the testing site, www.quia.com/web)
- Van Driver tests (Temporarily Suspended)
- CNA Comp Exam
- ATI TEAS (Nursing and Surgical Tech ONLY by appointment)
- CLEP Exam (by appointment)
- ABMDI (by appointment) (Temporarily Suspended)
- Typing Test for DMACC programs (Temporarily Suspended)
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Vet Tech Biology Test (HESI) (Temporarily Suspended)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification (by appointment) (Temporarily Suspended)
- Pre-Admission Exams for Chemistry I & II and Biology I & II (by appointment) (Temporarily Suspended)
++To request a remote voucher for your DMACC Next-Generation ACCUPLACER or ELL Classic at a non-DMACC Testing Center site, please CLICK HERE.
To locate an Accuplacer Testing Center near you, CLICK HERE.
- A photo ID is required to take any test.
- Tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing and must be completed prior to leaving the testing center.
- Students taking college makeup tests are required to know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with Admissions at least 48 hours before taking the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Test.
- Distance testing is a service provided for non-DMACC students who wish to have their test proctored at a DMACC Testing Center. These outside testers are charged $20/test with one exception – if the tester attends an Iowa Community College and is taking an exam for a CREDIT course, the fee is waived due to a reciprocity agreement between all Iowa Community Colleges. All incurred fees are payable on the day of the exam.
- Children are prohibited in the Testing Center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Testing Center.