1100 7th Street Building 1, Room 207
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Contacts: Farfum Ladroma
Testing Center Hours
- Monday and Tuesday 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Wednesday and Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
-Every third Saturday of the month
Thursday, July 4--CLOSED
The URBAN Testing Center is closed holidays and when campus is closed.
- Make up tests (know your DMACC instructor's last name)
- ACCUPLACER® Next Gen++ (Reading Comprehension and Sentence Skills)
- ELL (English Language Learner) ACCUPLACER Classic++
- DMACC Challenge tests (check for availability for particular courses)
- Online testing for DMACC classes
- Testing for other colleges and businesses
- HiSET testing
- Van Driver tests
- ATI TEAS (by appointment)
- CLEP Exam (by appointment)
- Typing Test for DMACC programs
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Vet Tech Biology Test (HESI)
- Pre-Admission Exams for Chemistry I & II and Biology I & II
++If you need a remote voucher for the DMACC ACCUPLACER Next Gen or ELL Classic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, DMACC student ID, the location where you want to test and your date of birth. An Urban Testing Center staff member will respond to your request within 24 business hours.
DMACC College makeup and ACCUPLACER Classic tests given during regular day time hours. Please call to confirm evening and Saturday testing hours. 515-248-7218
HiSET testing Monday through Thursday 8 am - 7:00 pm. Registration for HiSET is done at the Zach Hamlett Building (515-248-7218)
Other colleges and university testing, please call to confirm testing hours. 515-248-7218
- A photo ID is required to take any test.
- Tests must be started at least two hours prior to closing and must be completed prior to leaving the testing center.
- Students taking college makeup tests are required to know the name of the instructor.
- Cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices are not allowed in the Testing Center.
- Prospective students who will be attending DMACC need to have an Application for Admission on file with Admissions at least 48 hours before taking the ACCUPLACER Classic Test.
- Many exams have proctor fees. Check with the office staff to determine fees; a $20 testing fee per test is charged for the administration of tests for non-DMACC institutions. Payment may be made at the Testing Center.
- Children are prohibited in the Testing Center.
- No food or drinks allowed in the Testing Center.