DMACC Deferred Tuition Plan
If your employer offers tuition reimbursement benefits, DMACC now offers a deferred tuition plan that lets you take classes and delay the billing until the class is over.
Your employer must offer tuition reimbursement benefits. (Please check with your employer for their guidelines on tuition reimbursements. Most employers require a passing grade to reimburse employees for courses.)
If you qualify, please follow these steps
- Register for credit classes and determine final tuition amount.
- Download deferred billing promissory note for each registered semester.
- Secure Employer approval on the promissory note (employer signature is required on the form).
- Fax to Student Accounts 515- 965-7035 as soon as possible after registration. The form must be faxed before the DMACC payment due date for the semester.
- Remit payment in full by no later than 30 days after the last day of class or the deferred billing plan may be terminated.
Students taking full term classes have a two week grace period from the start of the semester to withdraw from the class or classes before being charged the full tuition per DMACC refund policy. If classes are dropped after the refund period, payment is due within 30 days. Students should check the refund policy for specifics on shorter part-of-term classes.
If the employer reimburses only a portion of the tuition, the non-reimbursed portion must be paid in full by the due date.
Please note that textbooks or other required material costs are not eligible for deferred billing. If you have questions about your student account, contact Student Accounts at (515) 964-6446.