To participate in the TRI program, you need to apply for admission to Des Moines Area Community College. The application is free.
Upon acceptance to DMACC
- Schedule an appointment with a DMACC Academic Advisor to obtain your TRI application.
- Return your completed TRI application to Jennifer Ewalt in the DMACC Admissions Office - Ankeny Campus - and she will forward it to your Grand View admissions counselor.
- Request all college transcripts to be sent to Grand View, plus your high school transcripts if you have less than 60 college credits completed at the time of applying. If you have less than 24 college credits completed at the time of applying, submit both your high school transcripts and ACT or Compass test scores.
- Walk through the TRI Program with your Grand View admissions counselor.
- Upon acceptance, Wendy Fedler, academic advisor at Grand View, will advise you via email and provide you with suggested DMACC courses to take before you begin your courses at Grand View.
DMACC students must have at least a 2.0 grade-point average to be accepted into the TRI program and must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA in order to be admitted at Grand View. Students are only eligible for this program if they are one year (two semesters) or more away from transferring to Grand View.
DMACC will automatically send Grand View your updated transcripts after each completed semester at DMACC and your GV admissions counselor will review them to make sure you have still met our admissions requirements.