DMACC Commencement Ceremonies
Graduating students in the Fall 2023, Spring 2024, and Summer 2024 terms are invited to participate in the annual commencement ceremonies in May 2024. Students who plan to participate in one of the annual commencement ceremonies must indicate their intent on the application for graduation. Participation in commencement ceremonies is free of charge.
2024 Metro Commencement
- Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2024
- Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Wells Fargo Arena, 233 Center Street, Des Moines, Iowa
- Metro Graduates: Ankeny Campus, Newton Campus, Urban Campus, West Campus, and Online graduates
- Important Information: Due to safety/security protocols at Wells Fargo, graduates are required to remain on the floor of the arena for the entire ceremony.
- Regalia: Caps and Gowns will be distributed to graduates immediately before the ceremony at Hy-Vee Hall in Des Moines.
- Guests: There is no limit on the number of family and friends who can attend the ceremony. No tickets are required, the event is free to attend.
- More details will be posted here in March 2024.
Boone Campus Commencement
2023 Fall Boone Campus Graduation
- Date: Friday, December 15, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- Location: DMACC Boone Campus Gymnasium - 1125 Hancock Dr., Boone, IA
Please arrive at the DMACC Boone Campus Auditorium (Room 112) by 9:00 a.m. on December 15. Staff will assist you in finding your place in the procession and give you instructions for the ceremony. Security is not available for items of value. Please consider leaving these items with family or friends. The commencement announcer will be on hand to review the pronunciation of your name while you are in the auditorium.
Caps & Gowns: For graduates who have indicated they will participate in the ceremony, caps and gowns will be distributed on the days leading up to the ceremony in the Student Services Office (Room 120):
- Dates: Monday, December 11 – Thursday, December 14, 2023
- Times: 8 a.m.– 4 p.m.
If you are unable to pick up your cap and gown December 11-14, email Wendie Fagen at email@example.com to arrange a different pick-up time. If you earned an honor cord, it will be with your cap and gown. The cap, gown, tassel, and earned honor cord are yours to keep.
Honor Cords: Graduates may wear earned DMACC honor cords, Phi Theta Kappa stoles, DMACC Honors Program medallions, and Veteran cords at the ceremony. Any additional adornments are prohibited.
- DMACC Honor Cords:To earn an honor cord, students must achieve a 3.50 overall GPA in the courses that apply toward their program of study. Fall 2023 grades are recorded after graduation, so only courses completed through Spring 2023 are included in GPA calculations.
- DMACC Phi Theta Kappa: If you are a PTK member, it is required that you contact Nancy Woods (Room 224, firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-433-5061) to let her know if you want to wear a PTK stole at graduation.
- Veteran Cords: Veterans of the United States Armed Services will receive a Veteran Honor Cord.
T.R. Photography will be on campus at 8 a.m. for individual graduation photos. After the ceremony, T.R. Photography will also be available for family/group photos. Photos can be ordered through the photographer’s website.
Guest Seating: Ample seating is available in the DMACC Boone Campus gymnasium. There will be special
seating available for guests who need accommodations, and the ceremony will include
closed captioning. With any questions, please contact Shelby Hildreth at 515-433-5024
Diplomas: At graduation you will receive a diploma cover. Because final grades are still being recorded after December 15, diplomas are not distributed at commencement. The DMACC Credentials Office in Ankeny will mail diplomas approximately 6 weeks after graduation.
Students with an outstanding debt to the college will not receive their diploma(s) until all debts are paid in full. With questions about money owed to the college, contact the Student Accounts Office at 515-964-6446.
Associate Degree Nursing Pinning: DMACC Boone Campus Associate Degree Nursing Pinning will be held in the gymnasium following the commencement ceremony. With any questions, please contact Ann Hull at 515-433-5071 or email@example.com.
Livestream: The Commencement Ceremony will be livestreamed. The link to the livestream source will be available at this website.
Please join us for a reception in the DMACC Boone Campus Lloyd W. Courter Center immediately following the commencement ceremony.
Hotel Accommodations: For information on hotels in the Boone area, visit the Boone County website
If you have any questions regarding the DMACC Boone Campus Commencement, are unable to attend, or noticed any errors in your personal information, please contact one of the following staff members:
- Wendie Fagen: 515-433-5027 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelby Hildreth: 515-433-5024 or email@example.com
- Erin Neumann: 515-433-5037 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our graduation candidates from all of the DMACC Boone Campus staff, faculty, and administrators!
Carroll Campus Commencement
2024 Carroll Campus Graduation
- Carroll Campus holds their own ceremony.
- More details will be posted here in March 2024.
If you have any questions, please contact the Credentials/Graduation office at email@example.com or call 515-964-6644 or 1-800-362-2127, ext 6644.