Workshops & Career Coaching
Attend one of the Career Center’s Career Exploration Workshops to jump-start your career exploration process! Click here to view a calendar of upcoming workshops where you’ll complete free career assessments and identify next-steps in the exploration process. Once you’ve attended one of our workshops, consider meeting with a Career Center staff member to review your assessment results and further explore options of interest to you. To sign up for a workshop or make a career coaching appointment, call 515-964-6200 and dial 0 to reach our operators.
SDV 130: Career Exploration
Exploring students might consider enrolling in SDV 130: Career Exploration, an elective 1-credit course which helps students learn how to access labor market information, set career-related goals and make well-informed decisions, and explore their interests, abilities, and values through career assessments. If you have questions about how this course might relate to your program’s requirements, consult with your Academic Advisor.
Career Exploration Resources
- ACT Profile – Create an account on this site to complete free career assessments that will help you identify and learn more about majors and occupations that may fit your interests, skills, and values.
- Career Coach – Learn about DMACC programs and related occupations on this website custom-built for our college.
- CareerOneStop – Explore career profiles and access training and job search resources on this website from the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Job Shadow – Read along as working professionals share insights about what it’s like to work in their fields.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Access detailed occupational profiles on this Bureau of Labor Statistics website, including information about salaries, projected job openings, required training, etc.