Testing Center website
DMACC requires assessment of all new full-time students in order to provide information about students’ academic skills in reading, writing, and mathematics. Assessment information is then used in course selection, course planning, and math placement. Assessment for part-time students is not required but strongly encouraged. Once admitted, part-time students wishing to take a math class are required to take ALEKS math as a math placement requirement.
- You must meet all assessment entry requirements before your application to DMACC can be accepted.
- Please visit the
Math Placement/ALEKS website for additional information regarding the math placement assessment requirement.
PLEASE COMPLETE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING OPTIONS FOR ADMISSIONS ASSESSMENT:
- Complete the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER® tests and ALEKS placement assessment. Next-Generation ACCUPLACER is made up of two tests: Reading and Writing. ALEKS is a separate online assessment available through the DMACC Web Info System and may be completed off campus anywhere internet access is available or at any of the DMACC Computer Labs.
- Submit official ACT scores in reading, writing, and math. All ACT scores must be sent.
- Complete the Next-Generation ACCUPLACER Reading and Writing tests and submit ACT math scores.
- Provide evidence of successful college experience in math, reading, and writing course work.
Writing: Grade of C or higher in a college-level writing course
Reading: Grade of C or higher in 6 hours of college-level academic course work such as psychology, sociology, economics, etc., and/or vocational technical course work requiring comparable reading skills
Math: Grade of C or higher in a college-level mathematics course
New students who fill out a DMACC application for admission and indicate that English is not their native language may need to take the ELL ACCUPLACER. ELL students who submit ACT scores and do not score a 19 or above in any one area will be required to take the equivalent ELL ACCUPLACER assessment unless they can show evidence of successful college experience.
The ELL Test in ACCUPLACER will be waived for students who submit an ACT score. (All ACT scores must be sent.)
» Find a Testing Center