Students may obtain college credit for competencies gained through formal training, work experience or certain approved examinations. Some alternative methods available include:
- Converting DMACC continuing education coursework to credit.
- Converting DMACC corporate training to credit.
- Earning credit for experiential learning through portfolio development or skills demonstration.
- Earning credit through the assessment of work experience.
- Converting certification or licensure from a state or national examination to credit.
Des Moines Area Community College will award credit based on scores obtained on the General examinations and Subject examinations. CLEP credit will not be granted if it duplicates credit for a course already taken.