Upward Bound students are provided summer workstudy opportunities!
During the summer program upperclassmen (juniors and seniors) are eligible to make additional money during the summer by participating in a career workstudy component. The students learn to:
- Research their careers of interest
- Establish networking and mentorship relationships with a professional in their career of interest
- Develop a better understanding of their future careers by performing hands-on work related tasks
- Perfect their computer skills through developing a Powerpoint presentation on their career findings
- Hone their public speaking skills by presenting their Powerpoint presentations to their Upward Bound peers and mentors at the end of the summer
Workstudy students are eligible to earn up to $300 a month!
DMACC Upward Bound Program
1100 7th Street
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
Phone: 515-248-7259 FAX: 515-697-7722