Faculty and staff who do not comply with the tobacco-free policy will be issued fines in compliance with Iowa Code 142D and are subject to DMACC disciplinary action. Supervisors of employees who do not comply with the tobacco-free policy shall follow progressive discipline as outlined in HR3235, beginning with a verbal warning.
Faculty and staff members who witness a student violating the tobacco-free policy should follow the Student Services guidelines for tobacco-free student compliance.
Faculty and staff members who witness employees smoking should follow the following guidelines:
- Provide the violator with a courteous reminder of DMACC's tobacco-free policy
- Contact the individual's supervisor if:
- You are not comfortable reminding the violator about the policy and wish to report the violation.
- The violator is a frequent offender.
- The violator is rude, discourteous, or defiant.
Employees who witness visitors or contractors smoking should provide the violator with a courteous reminder of DMACC's tobacco free policy.
Harassment or intimidation of violators or those reporting violations is not allowed and is subject to DMACC disciplinary policy.