Spring Rental Returns and Buyback
All DMACC Bookstores will not be available for in-store buyback and in-store rental returns will be campus specific.
Buyback will be available online only through your campus bookstore website. Please use the link below to get started.
The deadline for rental returns at all campuses is May 6th
Rental Return options will vary by campus so please see below for detailed instructions on how to return your rentals, what options are available, and dates/times of availability. For any questions please reach out to the contact information listed in the table below.
- Can accept any spring term rental textbook regardless of which bookstore it was rented from. So if you rented from multiple campuses/bookstores you may return them all to a single bookstore location.
- Will be able to receive textbooks that are shipped back to them. You can use the carrier of your choice and shipping will be at your expense. We recommend using a trackable service. Below are the detailed instructions for shipping back your rented materials:
- Sign in to your campus bookstore website using the email you used to rent with. If you forgot or haven’t set up a password please click “forgot password” to reset. Then click on My Account-Rentals.
- You will be directed to the “Rentals Page” in “My Account”.
- Scroll down to view “Rental History”. Click the “Return by Mail Button” or “Return all Rentals by Mail” link. A pop-up will open
- Follow the steps to print your packing list. Print 2 copies, one to go in your box, the other to take to your shipping carrier as it has the store address.
- Take note of your tracking number. You will receive an email confirmation when your rental return is processed.
- If the above steps do not work for you please write your name, email address, phone number, and patron id on a sheet of paper to include with your rental return package.
- In person rental return and drop off will vary by location so please see below for your campus specific options and instructions.
Limited contact rental returns will be done at the front of the store in our online order pickup area. No curbside drop-off will be available for rental returns. Student needs to have photo ID, patron ID number and/or telephone number books were rented under. Rental return will be available from 9am to 4pm Monday thru Friday thru May 6th. Masks are mandatory inside DMACC facilities and will be required to accept the return. Please do not drop books off at the library or in the Better World Books box outside of the bookstore. If you do so, your books will not be checked-in and your account would be charged for non-return fees.
Rental books can be dropped off at door #9 of the Boone Bookstore Monday thru Thursday from 9am to 3pm the week of May 3rd-6th. Please call 515-433-5034 upon arrival and we will meet you at the door. Please have your name, phone number, email address, and patron ID number with your return.
Rental Books can be dropped off Monday thru Thursday from 9am to 4pm thru May 6th. Please enter through the main doors and drop off at the library. Please have your name, phone number, email address, and patron ID number with your return. Do not place in the library box in the parking lot.
Rental returns will be accepted daily between 9 AM and 4 PM Monday through Friday. Students may park in 15 minute “Visitor Parking” on the south side of Building One. Proceed to the south doors of Building One, enter the building, and stay in the lobby area behind the stanchions. DO NOT COME TO THE BOOKSTORE. Please call the bookstore at (515) 248-7212 and we will meet you in the lobby area to retrieve and check in your books.
Rental books can be dropped off at the Southeast entrance of the campus. Please enter the doors and proceed to the bookstore table for rental check-in. Rental drop-off will be available Monday thru Friday from 12pm-4pm during the dates of May 3rd thru May 6th. Please have your name, phone number, email address, and patron ID number with your return.
Attending online classes?
Online books are available through the
DMACC Ankeny Campus Bookstore.
Attending class at one of our other locations?
Find the bookstore below to purchase your books:
Shop the book store for textbooks, course materials, clothing, t-shirts, and supplies.