Eligibility/ General Information
- 50 eligible DMACC students may Cross Enroll at Drake University, Grand View University, or Iowa State University each
Fall or Spring Semester
- Eligible students may enroll in 1 class with
tuition charges waived
- Financial responsibility: books, special course fees and online technology fees at Drake, Grand View or ISU
- Currently enrolled
full time at DMACC (12 credit hours) for term they wish to cross-enroll. The 12 credits does not include the cross-enrolled course
Previously earned 12 credits (including transfer credit)
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or greater
Note: Students ineligible for under cross enrollment are still permitted to register as a regular or guest student. Expect to satisfy admission requirements and pay full tuition and fees at the host institution.
- Cross Enrollment is processed & monitored in the Ankeny Campus Registration Office.
- Students must apply for cross-enrollment each term they wish to cross-enroll.
- The Cross Enrollment Application is
not a guarantee of enrollment at Drake, Grand View or ISU. It’s a validation of eligibility and a
request for enrollment.
- Each institution may exclude certain courses from the Cross Enrollment Program. Enrollment is subject to seats available and or prerequisites at the host institution.
- Eligible DMACC students must maintain their full time status at DMACC for the semester they wish to cross-enroll or they may be billed tuition charges by the host institution.
- Students must ensure that their cross-enrolled course will be applicable to their DMACC program/degree.
- Students are responsible for understanding and complying with all policies and deadlines at the host institution.
The deadline to request Cross Enrollment is 5 business days prior to the start of each institution's semester. No course changes, other than drops, are permitted after this point.
- Credits earned at the host institution are reflected as transfer credit on the cross-enrolled student's official DMACC transcript. Transcripts are sent automatically between cross-enrollment institutions.
Procedure for DMACC students
- Register for a minimum of 12 credits at DMACC.
- Meet with a DMACC Academic Advisor to discuss academic goals, degree requirements, cross enrollment eligibility, course selection and cross enrollment procedure.
If you are eligible for cross enrollment, your advisor will email you a link to the electronic application.
- Log in with your DMACC Username and Password to complete the Cross Enrollment Application & Tuition Waiver.
- Your advisor’s full name and email must be entered in the form before it can be submitted.
- If your advisor approves, the electronic form is routed to the DMACC Registrar’s Office for review.
- If approved by the DMACC’s Registrar’s Office, your form is routed to the host institution.
- If you were successfully registered, a confirmation email will be sent from the host institution.
- You will be contacted by the host institution via email if further information is required.
If you are a DMACC student and have more questions regarding Cross Enrollment, you may contact Julie Emehiser in the DMACC Registrar's office. Phone: 515-964-6808 or 1-800-362-2177 X 6808 Email: email@example.com.
Back to Cross Enrollment Main Page