Student FAQs

Iowa Residency

I've been in Iowa for 90 days, why is my tuition so high?

You will be considered a resident of Iowa for DMACC tuition and fee purposes if you are:

Permanently domiciled in Iowa (not living in Iowa primarily for educational purposes);

Have resided here for a period of not less than ninety (90) days prior to the start of the term in which you will be attending; and

You provide documentation to prove your Iowa residency.

When residency is in question, the burden of proof of domicile is the student's responsibility.

Additional residency information is available at:

« Back to main Student FAQ page.