In partnership with DMACC, UNI offers 2+2 degree programs for students who are place-bound and cannot move to the UNI campus or students who are changing careers.
The University of Northern Iowa (UNI) and DMACC offer an Education Bachelors degree opportunities through 2+2 programs. Students take classes at DMACC Ankeny, Boone or Carroll campus(es), based on proximity to the campus. UNI classes are offered at these 3 DMACC campuses by UNI faculty either face-to-face, via Adobe Connect or Blackboard. There may be times students will need to visit the Cedar Falls campus [example: Convocation, Graduation, etc.].
The following Education 2+2 program is available at the DMACC Boone, Carroll and Ankeny Campuses:
A degree from UNI means affordable academic excellence. For more specifics, browse through our website or visit
UNI's 2+2 Elementary Education page.
Benefits of DMACC/UNI 2+2 Education Degree Programs
- Students take classes as a cohort (group) enabling them to offer each other support academically and personally.
- Faculty develop 2+2 programs that are the same as on-campus programs.
- A UNI faculty member/coordinator is onsite at one community college with plans to provide similar support at other campuses to better serve students in their home community.
- Student teaching placement and supervision is done through UNI's statewide network of student teaching centers. Full-time UNI faculty supervise student teachers.
- UNI staff in the program departments, Admissions, Financial Aid, Continuing Education, and other support offices are prepared to help DMACC/UNI 2+2 students at a distance.