Program Admissions


To be eligible for the 2+2 program, you must follow the normal application procedures.


  • File either the APP or undergraduate admissions application to UNI (be sure to state you are a 2+2 student!)
  • Send ALL transcripts to the Enrollment Services: Admissions Office
    Transfer Students: Please include high school transcripts and ALL colleges attended.
    Enrollment Services: Admissions • 002 Gilchrist Hall • University of Northern Iowa • Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0018
    Phone: (800) 772-2037 or (319) 273-2281 • Fax: (319) 273-2885 • E-Mail:

Students transferring to Northern Iowa from another college or university must meet or exceed the following combination of grade point and total semester hours to be admissible:

Transfer Semester Credit Hours Grade Point Needed
60 or more 2.00
*Applicants transferring fewer than 24 semester hours must also meet the admissions requirements for students entering UNI directly from high school.

Transfer applicants will generally not be admitted if they do not meet the minimum combination of the grade point average and total semesters outlined above or if they are on academic suspension at the last college attended. Transfer applicants under disciplinary suspension will not be considered for admission until further information concerning the reason for the suspension has been received from the assigning college.

The Department of Teacher Education has additional entrance requirements, which includes higher GPA standards than outlined by overall University admission policies. Therefore, it is possible for students to be eligible for admission to the University, but not meet entrance requirements for their education major.

Department of Teacher Education

UNI Teacher Education Department Additional pertinent information during your final two years.


Take PRAXIS CORE for admission to the Teacher Education department. Take it early for admission into the program. Practice tests are available on DMACC campus computers; books and study guides are in campus libraries and study guides may be available for purchase in the bookstores or found at ETS. Pre-preparation is essential to successfully passing the test. There are minimum score requirements. 
Take PRAXIS II for licensure - taken the semester before graduation.
Click here for information on how to take the PRAXIS tests.

Financial Aid Information

Complete the FAFSA form as soon as possible! The academic year you start with UNI (odd years), you want to list both DMACC and UNI on your FAFSA!

  • For more information about the FAFSA visit or call UNI Financial Aid at (800)-772-2736.​
  • If you had your FAFSA sent to colleges other than UNI, you must request that the results be sent here. You may do this by accessing your Student Aid Report (SAR) online at and by changing the name of the college, location, and federal school code to: University of Northern​ Iowa, Cedar Falls, IA 001890

Once admitted, go on-line to and complete the scholarship application. You are eligible for any of the scholarships offered at UNI. Most scholarships require you to be enrolled as a full-time student.

See the particular program/degree sheets for course offerings and tentative schedule. Following admissions to UNI, coordinators for the specific programs will communicate with you regarding registration and other program requirements.

Before you can graduate from UNI, you need to take a Capstone Course. That course is integrated into your program.