Program Entry Requirements
- Complete an application for admission.
- Attend required Surgical Technology information session—contact advisor for dates.
- Satisfy DMACC's assessment requirement.
- Satisfy ATI TEAS assessment requirement.
- Submit evidence of grade "C" or better in one year of high school biology or equivalent (DMACC Academic Achievement Center Biology I & II or BIO 156 Human Biology w/lab).
- Submit proof of high school graduation or GED prior to enrollment.
- Submit evidence of grade "C" or better in BIO 186 Microbiology or BIO 732 Health Science Microbiology.
- Submit evidence of grade "C" or better in BIO 733 Health Science Anatomy AND BIO 734 Health Science Physiology OR BIO 168 Anatomy & Physiology I AND BIO 173 Anatomy & Physiology II.
Students start Fall term.
To earn a Surgical Technology diploma, a student must complete all
course work as prescribed in Terms 1-3 and have a "C" or better in all Surgical Technology courses and support courses.
In order to progress to the next term, these courses must be successfully completed in the term identified or in a previous term.