Listed below are several online resources that provide information regarding potential sources of funding for your education.
- Read carefully to determine if you are eligible
- Note deadlines
- Complete all required paperwork
Local scholarship opportunities are distributed via email to DMACC nursing students from time to time as available during each academic year. Check your DMACC email for scholarship opportunities.
Nursing Loan Forgiveness Programs - for RNs
Administered by the Federal and State governments
- Iowa Student Loan Nursing Education Loan Forgiveness Program
Federal Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program (NELRP)
Authorized by Section 846 of the Public Health Service Act, as amended, the purpose of the NELRP is to assist in the recruitment and retention of professional nurses dedicated to providing health care to underserved populations.
- NELRP is a competitive program that repays 60% of the qualifying loan balance of registered nurses selected for funding in exchange for two years of service at a critical shortage facility.
- Participants may be eligible to work a third year and receive an additional 25% of the qualifying loan balance.