What Kind of Work Will You Do?
- Install, service, and repair residential electric, gas, and oil fired furnaces and heat pumps
- Install, service, and repair many kinds of cooling equipment in residential and small commercial businesses
- Work as a commercial mechanic, install, service, and repair large air conditioning units such as those found in office buildings, department stores, and other places of business
- Put together and install duct work and other parts
- Connect motors, compressors, temperature, and humidity controls and fans to control panels
- Connect the control panel to the power source
- Check the system to see that it is working properly
- Most graduates become installation and service technicians, but some go into sales work or start their own businesses
Air Conditioning Contractors of America website for more information about careers in this industry.
Gainful Employment Information