What Kind of Work Will You Do?
- May be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the operation of a kitchen, dining room, or bar.
- Arrange catering and other special services.
- May be responsible for supervising, serving of alcoholic beverages, as well as ordering and maintaining inventory control.
- Manage front desk operations of hotel.
- Oversee night operation and night audit.
- Manage the housekeeping department.
What Else Should I Consider about this Program or Career Choice?
- Enjoy working with food.
- Be able to work under stressful situations.
- Understand the need for continuance of personal and professional growth.
- Need to have transportation to get to on-job training sites.
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism by attitude and dress.
- Average starting salary $26,500 (2003-2004 Placement Report)