JOIN ONE OF THE TEN FASTEST GROWING INDUSTRIES IN THE UNITED STATES AT ONE OF 2016's TEN BEST VALUE COMMUNITY COLLEGES!
Whether you're constructing a tool shed, a four-bedroom house, a school or a new office building, it's all built from drawings. If you'd like to be at the center of that process - with the construction knowledge and mastery of high-tech drafting systems that make you a highly valued employee - our program is for you.
- Detail oriented?
- Interested in technology?
- Curious how things work?
Do you want to:
- Combine creativity with the latest computer technologies.
- Work on a team alongside architects, engineers, contractors and product manufacturers.
- Gain knowledge and skills to develop the specialized documents for building projects.
- Be part of the creation of a building that people will live in, work in and appreciate for many years.
- Help people turn their dreams into reality.
- Earn good money while doing something you enjoy.
Most of the construction world has grown beyond CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) and is now embracing BIM (Building Information Modeling) - a much more sophisticated and intelligent system. We have been teaching the BIM process using Autodesk Revit since 2002.
Students visit construction sites to observe real-world construction practices, hear from guest speakers about the many career opportunities all around the industry, and tour architectural offices.
Our graduates are employed by architects; structural, mechanical and electrical engineers; contractors, subcontractors, and building equipment and material fabricators and suppliers.
This program is on our Ankeny Campus with select classes offered on other campuses. You may receive a Diploma and/or an Associates degree.