The Agribusiness Farm harvests and processes its meat locally at Kirkpatrick Locker in Winterset, Iowa. Beef can be purchased by the quarter, half, or whole. Pork can be purchased by the half or whole.
The DMACC Dallas County Farm takes orders throughout the year on a first come first served basis to sell its locally grown beef and pork. Animals are raised in an educational environment free of growth hormones, treated with a preventative vaccine early in life to keep the herd health strong and viable with limited use of antibiotics.
Cattle are fed a mixture of corn, hay, silage, and a limited amount of distillers grains. Also included in the ration are vitamin and mineral packets as recommended for optimum health. Grass finished options are available upon special request. Swine rations consist of corn and soybean meal with vitamins and minerals. All grain and hay fed to these animals is raised on the farm and harvested by DMACC students or interns as a part of their lab activities.
Beef orders are available in whole, half, and one quarters for $3.50/lb; while pork orders are available in half and whole for $2.75/lb. All pricing includes basic processing and packaging by the locker. Extra processing such as smoking or seasonings are available at an additional cost. All orders are to be picked up by customer at the Kirkpatrick Locker in Winterset, IA and payment is due in full upon receipt of the invoice from DMACC.
In an effort to allow everyone to customize their order and to avoid unsold product sitting in storage, we like to have a full animal sold before sending to the locker.
So, if you order a 1/4 or a half please bear with us as we work to fill a complete animal order.
Contact for DMACC Pork and Beef Sales
Meat Purchasing FAQ's
How does the meat order process work?
- Submit online order form using the link provided by the DMACC Pork and Beef contact(s)
- You will receive a confirmation email once order is submitted
- We will email you on the day that your order has been taken to the locker
- You will receive a second email from us with an invoice along with pick up instructions when your order is ready to be picked up at the locker in Winterset (The process takes 1-2 weeks from the day your order is taken to the locker to the time you receive an invoice and pick up instructions)
- All orders are processed first come first served providing we have enough orders to make a full animal order at time of locker date.
- All orders placed are to be picked up by customer at Kirkpatrick Locker in Winterset, IA.
- Customer invoice is established using the animal's hanging weight established at the locker.
Please read over the following information contained in the link below to answer your meat purchasing frequently asked questions:
»Iowa State University Extension Beef and Pork Whole Animal Buying Guide
Please contact us at the information above if you have additional questions or would like to place an order.
Governor's Charity Steer Show
DMACC has been a regular participant in the Annual
Governor's Charity Steer Show event held at the Iowa State Fair in August.
Proceeds generated from the steer sale go to the Ronald McDonald House.
If you are interested in donating funds towards DMACC's Governor's Charity steer please contact the Agribusiness program for additional details or e-mail
Other Helpful Links