DMACC provides quality, affordable, student-centered education and training designed to empower all students in their pursuit of life's opportunities and career goals.
DMACC will improve the quality of life for individuals in its communities by meeting their educational and training needs throughout their lives.
Responsiveness - Reach out actively to serve our communities.
Excellence - Ensure accountability, quality, and responsibility in every endeavor.
Community - Exchange and communicate ideas and information openly, through collaboration and shared decision-making.
Learning - Create a student-centered environment to foster lifelong, accessible and relevant learning leading to career success.
Cultural Understanding and Mutual Respect - Value individual rights, privacy and diversity.
Innovation - Embrace change and anticipate emerging issues.
Professional Integrity - Maintain a high standard of ethics and honesty in professional activities and performance of duties.
DMACC recently completed the process of developing a new strategic plan that reaffirmed, organized and identified new priorities of the College stemming from its mission, vision and values.
The process of developing the 2017 strategic plan began by reviewing the 2010-2016 strategic plan and FIRSTS Goals to identify both positive results, unmet goals and ongoing challenges. A gap analysis was conducted to identify key areas of the college that needed to be represented in the strategic planning process. It was determined that a strategic plan closely related to the student life-cycle might be better understood by stakeholders, faculty and staff, and a draft framework of the 2017 strategic plan was created.
The 2017 strategic plan framework was vetted with administrators, faculty and staff at each campus. Five campus forums and other district-wide meetings were conducted by the President, Executive VP of Academic Affairs, and Coordinator for Strategic Initiatives and Planning to share the draft document and to gather input about the new framework. The result of this work was a refined final framework document with college-wide input to direct the next steps of goal setting and metric development. The final framework was also shared with the Board of Directors at their annual retreat to gather their suggestions and ideas.
STRATEGIC PLAN GOALS/METRICS:
From August through October of 2016, groups of individuals whose work is directly related to each strategic area met to establish appropriate goals and to determine which metrics best indicate improvement toward each goal. These discussions included development of formative and summative goals to provide measures of short-term progress and long-term success. From these discussions, final goals and metrics were created. The strategic plan scorecard, which includes the metrics and progress toward goals, is available college-wide via Visual Analytics.
STRATEGIC PLAN DEVELOPMENT TIMELINE:
Phase 1 – To be completed by July 1, 2016
• Planning/Implementation session with President Denson and Executive VP Linduska [DONE]
• Vet Plan with Cabinet, Joint Deans and District Chairs [DONE]
• Gather Input at Campus Forums and District-wide Meetings [DONE]
• Obtain Board of Directors’ input [DONE]
• COMMUNICATE TO ALL [DONE]
Phase 2 – To be completed in FY2017
• Schedule brainstorming sessions for each strategic area to develop goal statements [DONE]
• Identify relevant measures/metrics [DONE]
• Vet final set of strategic goals and metrics district-wide for additional input and revision [DONE]
• Develop scorecard and keep it visible to all [DONE]
• Final strategic plan approved by Board of Directors [DONE]
• COMMUNICATE TO ALL [DONE]
Phase 3 - Ongoing
• Continually measure outcomes [currently in progress]
• Set milestones and summarize progress [currently in progress]
• Recognize accomplishments [currently in progress]
• Annual evaluation of strategic plan/Adapt plan as needed [currently in progress]
• COMMUNICATE TO ALL [currently in progress]
DMACC STRATEGIC PLAN:
»Strategic Plan Update - Volume 2, Issue 1
»Strategic Plan Update - Volume 1, Issue 2
»Strategic Plan Update - Volume 1, Issue 1
»Strategic Plan - including Goal Statements and Indicators
»Strategic Priorities Forum Inputs
Mini-grants are available for projects and ideas that will advance our strategic plan. Applications will be scored on the following criterion:
1) How can the project or idea be implemented district-wide?
2) How will the mini-grant be used to further DMACC’s strategic plan?
3) What makes the proposal innovative?
4) How will DMACC know if this project is successful?
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: Carolyn Farlow at 965-7067 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link is only available on campus or through VPN.