DMACC deepens its partnership with Microsoft and helps the technology company bring a new datacenter education initiative to the Midwest.
- Paul Englis, Senior Program Manager for Datacenter Community Development, from Microsoft’s Redmond, Washington headquarters, will announce the launch of the Microsoft Datacenter Academy at DMACC.
- DMACC President Rob Denson and West Des Moines Campus Provost Dr. Anthony Paustian will discuss the impact this announcement will have on the College and Central Iowa’s workforce.
The new partnership with DMACC’s West Des Moines Campus will include the donation of new equipment, infrastructure and student scholarships. This is Microsoft’s first-of-its kind joint venture with a college or university in the Midwest. Microsoft currently has two data centers in West Des Moines and will be soon building a third.
DMACC’s West Des Moines Campus
Thursday, October 25, 2018
- There is an increasing demand for IT professionals in Central Iowa and specifically people who have specialized skills to service and maintain the growing number of data centers.
- DMACC’s West Des Moines Campus is located at the entrance to the Grand Avenue Technology Corridor. Microsoft’s first data center called Project Mountain is located on the west end.
- Over the past decade, Microsoft has also been a sponsor and supporter of DMACC West Des Moines Campus’ annual Celebrate Innovation Week (ciWeek).
DMACC Marketing Todd Jones (515) 964-6242, firstname.lastname@example.org