Table of Contents
Sign Language Interpreters
DMACC employs licensed staff interpreters to provide communication access district-wide for students who are deaf/hard of hearing. DMACC's interpreters value the rights of deaf/hard of hearing students, meet the requirements of the Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID), and support students in reaching their full potential.
Interpreting Services may be scheduled for classes, meetings, peer tutoring, homework help in the Academic Achievement Center, and other DMACC-sponsored events.
Staff Interpreter Directory
Interpreter Request Form
Complete an Interpreter Request Form
1. How do I request a sign language interpreter for a DMACC related appointment or event?
Interpreter Request Form.
2. How do I request a sign language interpreter for classes?
Apply for accommodations. Visit the
How to Apply page for application information. Provide a copy of your class schedule.
3. Will I have DMACC staff interpreters or freelance interpreters?
Sign language interpreters are assigned based on availability and student need.
4. Who should I contact if I am going to be late or cannot attend class?
Contact information will be determined the first week of classes.
5. Who should I contact if I have concerns regarding my accommodations?
Contact Jennifer Argo, Disability Services Coordinator, at
email@example.com or at 515-964-6850.