Student Services are available both in-person and virtually.
For your safety and that of others, please continue to use virtual services whenever possible and if you answer "YES" to any of the below questions.
Do not come to a DMACC Campus or Center if you answer "YES" to any of the following:
- Do you feel ill, have a new cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a fever of 100.4 degrees (regardless of the cause)?
- Do you have a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)?
- Are you or someone in your household awaiting COVID-19 test results due to a possible exposure or symptoms?
- Have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you have been in close contact with a presumed or confirmed positive case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you have traveled internationally in the past 14 days?
For those who require in-person services and
are not experiencing any of the above:
Call 800-362-2127 or email a contact using the services list below to make an appointment.
Masks are recommended while in DMACC buildings. If you don’t have a face mask and would like one, let us know before your arrival and one can be provided for you.
DMACC will continue to offer a variety of
course delivery types to suit your needs.
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FALL 2021: DMACC Administrators are planning to start a “new normal” in college operations when fall classes resume on Aug. 25. While most face-to-face classes are scheduled to return this fall, the College plans to take additional proactive steps that represent the “new normal” to keep students, faculty and staff safe. Face masks are recommended until further notice. Plans to return to fully in-person operations could change depending on the state of the pandemic over the summer and into the fall.
DMACC Student Services are available during this time: