DMACC is partnering with Cognizant to provide training to equip individuals with the skills necessary to fill in-demand jobs such as Agent Support Representative, Insurance Representative and Data Entry Processor.
The program is being provided at no cost for those who meet the enrollment requirements and are selected to participate in the training. Those who successfully complete the training program will be guaranteed an interview with Cognizant.
For more information on Cognizant, please visit us online at
Application Selection Process
- October 9 - October 31, 2017
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday Evenings
- 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. on Mondays & Tuesdays; 5:00 - 9:00 p.m. on Wednesdays & Thursdays
- October 9 & October 31 -- Cognizant, Ruan II, 601 Locust Street, Des Moines
- October 10 - October 30 -- DMACC Urban Campus, 1100 7th St., Des Moines
(you will receive a schedule with specific building and room information)
Pre-Training Program Details
The program will prepare you to answer customer inquiries over the phone and through email response, research questions, update customer information and document customer inquiries.
To be successful in the pre-training program it is important to have:
- Communication skills: Ability to communicate clearly, calmly and confidently both verbally and in written communication.
- Customer service skills: Answer customer inquiries in a helpful and professional manner.
- Listening skills: Listen carefully in understand a customer’s situation in order to help them.
- Patience: Be patient and polite in when interacting with customers.
- Motivation: Action oriented, detail oriented, self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking.
Questions about the training program? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-256-4949.
To learn more about the program and Cognizant,
download this brochure.
Please complete the online application below to start the process.