Students seeking scholarship support are encouraged to complete this electronic application. By completing this one application, eligible students will be considered for many available scholarships at our Boone Campus for the Fall 2011 term, which may be applied toward charges for tuition, books, and/or fees.
Application deadline is 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time on Monday, June 20, 2011.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Completed DMACC Admissions Application must be on file -OR- must be enrolled as a current DMACC student.
- Minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA for most recent coursework. Applicants with no recorded grade within the last ten years will be exempt from this requirement.
- If awarded a scholarship, you will be required to complete at least 6 DMACC credits while maintaining at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at the DMACC Boone Campus or DMACC Ames Hunziker Center during the award term.
» Some awards may have higher requirements, which will be communicated at the time of award notification, if applicable.
- Online form detailing personal, academic, and financial information
The online application form takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. It is necessary to complete the application in a single session, as the form cannot be saved and reopened at a later time.
- One page essay about goals, involvement, and achievements
Applicants are encouraged to compose and edit their essay in a word processing document prior to beginning the online form, so that the text can be pasted into the space provided. Essays should be 1-2 pages in length, single spaced using Times New Roman 12 point font. Applicants should address each of the following points:
- Describe your educational and career goals, volunteer involvement, and achievements.
- How would you benefit from receiving this scholarship support?
- Tell us why a college education is valuable to you.
- Note any special circumstances substantiating your financial need including, if applicable, information about the FAFSA you filed (i.e. whose income it was based on, will that person help you pay for college, have any circumstances changed since you filed the FAFSA, etc.).
- Grade verification
Applicants who have completed less than 3 DMACC credits will be instructed to upload or send a transcript (official, unofficial, or scanned copy) from their most recent school, to be received in the DMACC Scholarship Office by the application deadline. We are happy to use such transcripts already on file at the Boone campus, therefore applicants who have previously submitted one may opt out of the additional submission. Applicants with no recorded grade within the last ten years will be exempt from this requirement.
» Scoring will be based equally on:
Cumulative Grade Point Average
This electronic application is best viewed using Internet Explorer.
» This scholarship is now closed.